Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hit and run



This has nothing to do with me and my card making, but I am going to write about my day.
I got up early and drove my friend’s kids to school. Feeling good that there was no traffic, I decided to go to Wal-Mart for a few items needed.
There was hardly any parking traffic and the closet car was maybe in the fourth lane behind and to the side of me. Thinking that I can get in a bit of exercise while avoiding the hassles of frantic parking freaks, I always park at the far end of the garden section. Today I was happy finding a good parking in the first row close to the street exit, right under a tree.
I’m thinking to myself,  Thank you Lord for another great day and I’m off to a great start. So Wow I’m in and out of Wal-Mart, and almost reaching my car back door, WAAM! I am hit in the back; I was being run over and pushed forward. Lucky for me the dog food bag broke my fall. Trying to get myself up, I turn to see an speeding shopping cart continue its roll downhill, on to me! This time hitting my backside of my ankle, OCCHHH. Opening the back door I'm starting to feel all the pain in my lower back and throbbing fire on my leg. Sitting there ggathering my thoughts I looked around, stunned that there just are no cars around me, where did this cart come from? I Thanked God that it was just an empty shopping cart and that it did not do more harm.

A few minutes passed when a young woman parked close to me. I saw what might have been tears in her eyes but I was thinking, I was just was in a hit and run, why are you crying? She started to walk close to me, then she started apologizing. Saying that she had let the cart go but didn’t think it would take off. Because her three kids where crying and fighting and she was in a hurry she just let it go. What!! Where did  you park I shouted? What did you think, just let that cart drive itself  because you’re in a hurry? Don’t you know you could have killed someone? She started to Cry and stepped back from me, then I heard her whaling kids. I could clearly see that she was having a real bad day. So I toned down and told her next time don’t go shopping with the crying kids leave them with the grandma and park next the shopping carts holding space. She kept saying I will, I’m so sorry, well, well. So I said Well nothing just get going home and train your kids to behave and get grip of yourself. You got lucky this time, knocking over older ladies is a very bad thing! What if I had been older or in a bad way, you could have caused great damage, now go home! I was trying to be calm but stern maybe she would learn something from this day. I know I did, always look out for wild shopping carts no matter where you park. You all be careful out there, OK. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edie - glad you were not hurt anymore than that by the out of control shopping cart. As always your attitude was in the right place. Much love to you and the craft cards are beautiful.

Unknown said...

thank you